The Qwick-AID® Multi-Use Sterile Bandage is an all-natural composite textile. The bandage stops vascular and capillary bleeding. The unique patented technology has a specially formulated first layer that arrests bleeding in 45 seconds while the second layer evacuates discharge from the wound, Qwick-AID® Bandages do not stick to wounds, will not create a hothouse effect, and only require re-moisturization with water to be an effective dressing for up to 3 days when a second application is required post bleeding wounds. They are the most clinically and cost effective bandage on the market today.
“I have performed due diligence on this product and feel very comfortable recommending it to my colleagues in trauma, hematology and wound management. In wound management I’ve found it is simpler, quicker and more convenient for our patients.”
-James M. Sinclair, M.D.
- Unique combination of therapeutic ingredients in an all natural composite textile
- Will not stick to a wound or create a hothouse effect because Qwick-AID® maintains air permeability
- Assures good blood absorption while maintaining the stability of the bandage due to patented textile composition
- Requires only re-moisturization with water to be an effective dressing for up to 3 days when a second application is required for post bleeding.
- Available in a 2″x 2″ convenient size for treating trauma related wounds
- The most clinically diverse and cost effective dressing on the market today
The application of the mixture of the two layers leads to the formation of a composite material, which consists of an alginate layer on its surface, a layer of non-woven material with alginate distributed inside, and a layer of alginate-free textile material.
The alginate layer swells up when applied onto the bleeding wound. The absorbed fluid partially migrates to regions outside the wound, thus increasing viscosity in those regions. That leads to the formation of the primary clot (thrombus).
The plasma is absorbed and filtered by the hydrophilic textile material, with concentration processes on the surface and blood cell aggregation.
A distinctive weight relationship found between the ingredients makes it possible to effectively increase the coagulability of the blood, maintaining sufficient viscosity in the wound to facilitate clotting.
Summation of Benefits:
- Hemostatic Effect was noted to develop within the first minute in 100% of the cases
- A number of Clinicians in Haiti found Qwick-AID® to be beneficial in stopping bleeding and speeding the healing process
- Prevented purulent complications despite contamination at the moment of injury.
The Qwick-AID® Bandages turned out to be highly efficient in hemostasis, significantly reduces blood loss. Wounds heal quickly and stay healed
- No Thermogenic Reaction – No Heat Generated
- Stand alone or in combination with other topicals
- Highly effective for individuals using anticoagulants like Coumadin, heparin and Warfarin
- No dermal side effects, Hypoallergenic. Poses no danger to patient
- All-Natural proprietary components make the bandage an “Order of Magnitude” superior to other products available.”
- Color may vary due to the all natural components, no dyes or chemicals used to process the ingredients
- It is simple and safe to use, no prescription necessary
Clinical Studies Overview
For Bleeding Wounds
- Halts capillary/vascular bleeding
- Highly efficient in arresting venous hemorrhage from small and medium veins
- Recommended for use in trauma and parenchymatous hemorrhage
For Slow Healing Wounds
- No occurrence of allergic reaction or local irritation
- Did not stick to the wound and removed without pain
- Allowed patients to undergo treatment in an outpatient basis with no dermal side effects
- Easy and cost effective